Saturday 8 August 2015

Words from the archives #10 Catching Confetti

Again, another one written a few years ago when I was back in Horley, part of a whole bunch I wrote from around this period. 

For more old stuff check WORDS FROM THE ARCHIVES  


Catching Confetti

I remember the temperature of her body, stood
at the bottom of the station steps, warming
my hands on the tops of her arms. A
climate of perfection that would have cultivated passion, on
any degree of London's volatile thermometer, red
carpeting the path towards our first kiss.

That moment was a ship worthy of splitting tower bridge.

My rationale stepped down and bowed, to
an ancient force a thousand times the power. All
unnecessary thought slipped away, like
a spacecraft discarding it's redundant super structure.
A separation I rarely experience.
The road leading to this was long, and
Full of false starts. It
took hindsight to realised that at last I'd arrived.

We parted ways at the station. I
went up the steps and she walked back down the concourse, looking
as if it was a routine Saturday evening for her, and
I remained on the stairs trying to catch
every last shred of confetti that was
that memory.


No comments:

Post a Comment