Friday 4 October 2013

My Activites: New vid and National Poetry Day

Been a busy old week this week. A few firsts. First first, was a visit to a new poetry and hip hop night on Tuesday called Spit It Out, which is run by Of The Red Productions utilizing their skills with film, each performer gets a video as part of it. There were a whole heap of performers there so it was nice to kick back and take it in, I did an old piece, which you see below called London Calling, felt it was appropriate seeing as I have recently moved back to London, at last.


So second first, and onto last night, I performed as part of national poetry day celebration, down in Havant in Hampshire, at a venue called The Spring Arts & Heritage center.
It was a wicked night called Strictly Speaking, which was part of a local literature festival (I even saw my mug on a few posters in the shopping center!) and I was on a mighty fine bill, which was put together by Apples and Snakes  with Megan Beech, Indigo Williams and Simon Mole. There were a lot of young people in the audience, comprised from 2 local schools, it was a really nice vibe. Everyone stepped up and smashed it, the audience were great, venue was great, can't ask for much more really...


I'm off today to go and film a promo video for the Last Word festival, which is the festival my show A Tale From The Bedsit, will be featured in... 

Until next time

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment