Thursday 7 November 2013

All In This Together Video

I came across this video today which I'd thought I'd share. One of the things I enjoy about the internet is the little trails I end up going on which lead me to places which can lighten up my day. One of these such trails happened for me when I was looking at some photos that the director of the Bedsit show and friend Stef O Driscol had put on facebook of the Million Mask March, so I ended up having a butchers at the site, subscribed to an RSS feed and saw this today...

It's called "All In This Together." Are Benefits Ever A Lifetsyle Choice? by a group called Dole Animators

I enjoyed it for a number of reasons. The subject matter is serious and I think they get their point across from the start, but what I really liked the way they have gone about it. I like the mix of still drawings, plaster-scene and audio, which is all dealt with sensitively. They could have gone for the big tear-enduing string arrangements that coerce you into symapthy, but they didn't, they used real stories from real people, it made it very watchable for me, and as I said, it's an important issue and deserves a quality video.




No comments:

Post a Comment