Monday 21 December 2015

Little bits of news, Christmas and that

Season's greetings and all that. It's Monday lunchtime, I'm at home doing a few bits, trying to co-ordinate going to see Star Wars and finish Christmas shopping. Boring bits of information really but it's real isn't it. I like Christmas but I'd love it if it didn't have the additional stress, know what I mean? Anyway, some bits of news...

New Mailing List

 

Ask any artist, and I would have thought they'll tell you that self-promotion is one of those pain-in-the arse-necessary-evil things. Unless you're one of those names that's big enough they don't have to do a lot, we all have to do it, unless we want to perform to no-one. I've been told before I don't do it enough oe do it too much. I'll promote shows on here and my twitter timelines and facebook pages, beyond that not much more. I dunno, it's a fine line between plugging and being annoying and I've gone back and forth between the two, never quite fiding that balance. I set up a mailing list a couple of years back on Mailchimp and when I did it, there was a thing you could use that swept up all your email contacts from my gamil account, without asking permission, which really is cheeky. I spoke to a lot of people about it and some werent bothered by it and some were, either way, I never felt comfortable with it and was therefore reluctant to use it. So I decided to delete it and start again. This time, there's no import of contacts, just whoever signs up off there own back. I've got 8 people so far, none of which are my family and I'm actually pretty chuffed by that. So, if you're interested, the'l probabaly be once a month at most, here's a link;

http://eepurl.com/jq9r1

Croydon Radio Appearence

 Few weeks ago I was back on Croydon Radio, for the Poets Anonymous Show with a poet called Steve Rushton. As ever, it was a good laugh and I dopped a few poems on there I've not perfomred before which I'll probabaly stick up on the soundcloud at some point. You can listen / download just below;





No comments:

Post a Comment