Thursday 20 December 2012

Stevie Hyper D Documentory

For those that have seen me perform before, there's a good chance you will have heard this piece, Jungle Warfare. In it, I make reference to legendary Jungle & Drum and Bass MC, Stevie Hyper D.

I first heard him not long after he sadly passed away. My brother would speak of this legendary rave MC, and when I first heard a few sets from a One Nation tape pack in about 1998, his name was constantly shouted out, and has been, pretty much ever since. 

Not long after that, I heard THIS particular set, which I also reference in Jungle Warfare. My brother had a copy of this tape, from a Helter Skelter event, which I used to play when he wasn't around. The guy blew me away. And still does today.

Whilst on twitter today, I happened to see a tweet for this documentary by The Audio Compund about a documentary they have made, called The Junglist Soldier - The Life And Times of Stevie Hyper D. It's a great listen, and only further depend my respect for this man and what he has done for UK rappers and MC's. I used to copy his lyrics when I first started out. Pure passion. A massive influence on me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment