Wednesday 17 October 2012

John Berkavitch: The Power of Being Embaressed

In the last year or two I've become a fan of talks. Subscribing to both TEDx and RSA.  There always seems to be someone worth listening too, maybe I'm getting old.

This summer at Camp Bestival, I got to meet the Spoken Word Artist and all round don John Berkavitch. He was a very cool guy and gave me some good words, but he's known for good words. So good in fact, that last year, he did a TED talk about the power of embarrassment. The subject he speaks about is something I encounter a lot, not just in my work with young people, but something I've come across in people (me included) from as far back as I can remember. I think he's hit the nail on the head, this whole loosing face business is'nt worth the energy put in to shut out the embarrassment.

It's well worth a look, and if you like the look of John (how can you not, the geezer is bare foot on stage at a TED talk!), he's performing at One Taste on the 11th of November.

No comments:

Post a Comment