Sunday 9 October 2011

Cheeky Haiku's

Hello!

This week, as part of of another arm in the expanding empire of Rubix  Deanna Rodger Sean Mahoney and I performed at a conference on sustainable transport, held at The Barbican. It was a lot of fun, and as part of it we wrote a load of haiku's which were printed on the back of cards made to look like traiin tickets, which were pretty sick.

I'd never had a go at haiku's before and really enjoyed it. here's a few that I wrote plus some extra!

I can't stand the smell
Cars emitting at junctions
Trains don't smell like that

One can't see London
In all it's magnificence
Whilst dark, underground

Blood flows at high tide
I have never felt so good
Pounding the pavements

My blood circulates
Endorphins make me feel good
The more I pedal

Wind brushes my face
Rain paints a picture of grey
Either way I see

The Air that I breathe
Is tainted with exhaust fumes
Why add fuel to fire

Drive autopilot
Bypassing the scenery
Never see God's art

Apart from getting splashed
By drivers with no conscience
cycling is alright

Petrol will run out
The inner tube on a bike
can be inflated

Train conversations
whether you like them or not
inform opinions

Travelling by train
You can drink a cup of tea
what more do you want?

She gets on my train
at the same stop every day
always looking nice

EXTRA'S

Secondary School
I learnt to break into cars
With a coat-hanger

Secondary School
I learnt that central locking
made that redundant

Secondary School
I learnt that I was a wimp
Who had a conscience 













No comments:

Post a Comment