Tuesday 22 March 2011

Crawley Wordfest

Hello Everyone

I was lucky enough to be asked to write and perform something for a viral video for the up coming Crawley word festival.Please check the website as there is lots going on http://wordfestcrawley.org/. I think it's great this massive programme of events is going on in Crawley, which is of course where I went to School and did a large part of my growing up.

I used to think that Crawley and the surrounding areas were in somewhat of a cultural vacuum due to being slap bang in between London and Brighton, hence the reason I left all those years ago. But then, when I think back, I was so narrow minded and dismissive of many things that weren't underground dance music and football, I most likely would have been completely ignorant of such an event if it had been put on 10 years ago. As far as I know, the Hawth Theatre in Crawley has been hosting interesting festivals and events for a very long time.

 I really do hope there will be long lasting effects felt from this festival which will trickle into all the many different walks of life which inhabit this interesting town which holds a large place in my heart, I think it's flipping great! Best of luck to everyone involved.


Crawley Festival of Words - Spoken from PopupMedia on Vimeo.

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment